Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Brundage Family Farm

Alrighty, I've been doing some homework and am ready to give you some more pictures. These are focusing on our new house and property. We really hit the ground running with so much grass and weeds growing so fast. That pushed us to quickly get our tractor and mower. Now that the rains have stopped and the grass slowing down, we have time to get all the plans laid out for the farm. We already have 4 chickens, 1 rooster and 1 duck that we are keeping. We are babysitting 3 goats untill their owners get a fence up at their new house. We also have 2 farm cats and realized 2 days ago that 1 of them is extremely pregnant! Our little family has grown considerably in our new home!
Here are some photos of where the gardens are going to be and our 2 barns. The big barn is for storage and housing the chickens. We are planning on building a much bigger coop and running yard and getting about 50 more...lots of eggs! The smaller barn is our work room. It will have the cooler, sink and prepping tables as well as our seeding and warming tables.





Here are some of the house.



Here are the goats and chickens



and finally, some sunsets we've enjoyed......

3 comments:

joeandcarole said...

Thank you for all these great pictures. We now have a more complete idea of your entire homestead. It is fantastically great! I don't have enough positive, flowery adjectives to tell you how we are viewing it. How beautiful your home, property, animals and sunsets are!
So, so amazing! Can't wait to see it in person!
Love you,
Mom and Dad

Team Clark said...

Wow - I was so surprised to see someone wrote on this blog - way to go!
I love all the pictures. Your house and your land are gorgeous! And it was also fun to see pictures from Will's birthday.
What a fun life you guys have up there - wish we could come up!

Kira said...

Nate, is that YOU?! It's me, Kira Jones, who worked with you ages ago at Virginia Mason. You helped me through many terrible days by making me laugh and teaching me to say Om Mani Padme Hum. I recently ate dinner with Dr Picozzi and asked him to find out where you and some of our other pals went. I haven't heard back from him yet so I just took a chance and googled your name...and here you are! I can't believe it. Your wife and son are so sweet. It looks like you finally got the farm you dreamed of. I'm so happy for you. I moved back to my hometown of Ephrata, WA nearly three years ago. It's a much better lifestyle here, but it sure took some getting used to after many years away. It's nice to be close to my folks again. Wow, I'm so excited to find your family's blog! I hope to hear back from you. I'd love to learn about your life now. Take care, dear. Namaste!

Kira
kayemjay05@yahoo.com
509-398-5436