Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's Saturday!

Hey Family,
Happy Saturday :) yipee! Did we all make it through another week? Kate and I awoke to our first real rain in almost 3 months! Quite a change from our soggy winter. Not much has happened this week but a badly needed house cleaning on Labor Day. I brought home about 10 lbs of tomatoes and 15 lbs of plums from the farm on wed and spent all day thurs making pasta sauce and jam. I'm really enjoying processing the large amounts of food I've been bringing home from the Timken's this summer. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to spend a day. Kate and I also got our first harvest from our backyard corn (finally) Thursday so that night we ate our pasta sauce and corn on the cobb, we grew everything but the pasta...pretty satisfying! I must note that our poor little corn cobbs were only about 3-4 inches long....so it took 4 or 5 to equal a normal corn....that's what I get for cramming in so many corn plants in such a little garden, live and learn! And on Monday we are going to the courthouse to get our marriage license and then to some antique stores to look for wedding bands. That should be a fun day. I hope everyone has a great weekend and upcoming week! Love you and miss you.

2 comments:

Team Clark said...

You two are so motivated - I'm very impressed. If it were me the fruit/vegetables would sit too long and go bad before I actually worked on them - so good work!
SOund like you have been having a great week and that you also have a great week coming up - I hope you enjoy all of it! And good luck looking for wedding bands - that will be so fun.
Love, Amy

joeandcarole said...

I agree with Amy, you are so motivated and knowledgable. Our pumpkins died...only 3 dried up vines to show for that project. We do have our 8 green tomatoes, one pretty pink and another starting to blush. Our gardening in pots that Amy and the grandchildren painted and decorated has turned into a row of very cute but very empty pots as each green growth passes on. How fun for you to be looking for your wedding bands and getting your marriage license. Those are events that you will remember forever...Dad and I do!
Love you both...3 weeks to go!