Saturday, September 16, 2006

summer's gone?

Hi everyone,
How fun to have Joe IV on line. So, It seems that when someone posts a blog...we all respond to that blog? what if I decide to respond by typing a new blog? it's easier for my tiny little brain to stay on this main part . Is that ok? Maybe I'll get better as I go.
So, I don't want to be pessimistic but it appears that our summer has been taken away from us. Darn it! I'm still trying to get some winter squash and pumpkins to ripen but I think I've lostmy chance. It's been in the 40's in the morning lately. Brrrr, I'm cold! As I'm typing, my fingers are having a hard time moving yet we refuse to turn on our heater, it's only mid sept!!! And we need to clean the air filter before we do so that is also keeping us from warming our house. Maybe I'm just not accepting that summers over. It started raining again, that northwest rain that settles in for the long haul. I've been checking the extended forecast and it keeps showing many more rainy days than sunny days. We are making arrangements to have our ceremony in a greenhouse if it rains so that will be cozy...loud, but cozy. I spent a few hours harvesting tomatoes in a greenhouse yesterday while it was pouring rain and it was kind of nice...once again, loud, but cozy and dry. So I wanted to let everyone know that the weather is rapidly deteriorating, hopefully we will have some sun on our day but it's also nice that all of the wildfires are being rained on.
I love everyone, 1 1/2 more weeks!!!!
nate

3 comments:

joeandcarole said...

I will try and make some comments, but like Nathan, I find it easier just to start a new posting. Your cooler weather came at about the same time as ours, however, we have no rain. We sent from the high 80's to the middle 60's in about one day, however, we are suppose to warm up starting tomorrow (Sunday) and actually have some Santa Ana rains by early next week. However, the cooler weather might be of some help with all of the forest fires, especially up you way Nathan. Amy reported that there snow in the high mountains around them.

Dad...now to a a new posting

Team Clark said...

Dad - I think we're on about the same time because your comment just showed up!
The same thing is happening to us - all of a sudden the temp has dropped and the past few days have been very rainy and now the snow is on y mountain and almost all the way down timp mountain. We're scrambling to have our warm clothes out and to get Henry some warm clothes.
We haven't turned our heater on, either, though, for that same reason. We need to clean it out first.
But I think the idea of the green house sounds very cozy and romantic. So if that happens it will be wonderful!
Hooray for your wedding - we can't wait to come and visit.

joeandcarole said...

Hi guys: For some reason, beyond my comprehension or sensibility, Dad loves fall, cool/cold, darkness, etc. I'm in mourning for the loss of WARM days, pleasant nights, and lots and lots of bright lights. But this is signaling the nearness of Sept 30th, and that's the joy of all joys. Our house was 65 deg. this morning and I was freezing, but we don't want to turn the heater on yet either Nate. So, I guess we'll just need to bundle up when we come to Seattle, just in case. And I will bring my little umbrella. I took it to Nebr. and by golly I needed it!
Love you, Mom